The Future Of.....
We should all be futurists.
The habit of ideating, individually as well as together on what our future can look like, both in its optimistic possibilities as well as its grim prospects. Practicing thinking deeply and intentionally about how we can adapt, prepare, capitalize on, survive, and hopefully, thrive in the possible and likely futures ahead.
Developing practices around this can help us stay flexible, unstuck, and less moored to status quos that might keep us from acting in ways that would benefit ourselves and those we love in the face of change.
A practice that I plan on beginning, introduced to me by Dr. Jane Mconigal is "Future Fridays". The practice is, on Friday's (just for the sake of alliteration) typing "The Future of ______" into whatever comprehensive news outlet you desire, and reading through new developments in whatever area you want, this could be the future of food, surfing, climate solutions, mental health, sex, parenting, the choice is yours.
In so doing, I hope to develop more mental flexibility, solution oriented-thinking, optimism, and be headed towards possible futures that I want to be a part of rather than finding myself in futures that I had no say in and do not desire.
Join me!
Comments
Post a Comment