As the tide rises

In conversation with my friend Sean the other night I realized that I have arrived at what I would call a spiritual framework that has more of a through-line and cohesion than I've had in quite some time.  I would describe the two fundamentals as 1. practice/s that bring me into greater embodiment, presence, and therefore greater capacity for emotional range, range of pleasure, joy, and pain. And 2. practice/s that lead to greater Liberation, my own and that of all others. I feel like this is a tall claim, that I am on a mission of liberating all others, I do not feel that I am doing any radical work that is releasing Liberation on any large scale, however, I am coming to believe that any true and new Liberation we bring into the world increases the availability of Liberation for All.  

I am coming to embrace more and more each day, Octavia Butler's notion that "The only lasting truth is change, God is change". 

Adaptability could be another name for my spiritual framework.  I am seeking to develop a flexibility of heart, soul, spirit, and body, that can allow me to partner with the changing world rather than be crushed under the gears of change.  

And due to change being the most consistent reality we experience, I know that this articulation of my spiritual framework will likely be outdated shortly, however....what else are we doing here if not creating the most beautiful sandcastles we can before the tide rises.  


Comments

Popular Posts