Less of that, more of this

 I have been doing my best to catch myself when I finish a project and think to myself "I am a machine!" (cheesy, I know, I'm not proud of it, just letting you in on my inner monologues...it's a weird place, my head).  I do not want to celebrate accomplishments by using the language and metaphors of dehumanising capitalism. I am loving moments that remind me of my animal nature, the organicness of my biology.  Moments where I feel in a new way, my animal nature, feeling what strange bliss it is to be aware that I am a creature / part of creation.  I want more of that, and less of affirming the lie that the highest forms of achievement attainable to you and I are ones in which machine-like productivity is celebrated over impact, connection, or quality of interaction.  

As we enter The Great Conjucture, cross over the Winter Solstice of 2020 and cross the threshold into a new era, I am seeking to let go of productivity-mindedness and rather seek quality of connection and intention.  Here's to more moments where we are more fully in our animal bodies! 

Comments

Popular Posts