More of this, less of that
I took a hiatus from writing due to heading up to Tahoe with several friends over the weekend. It was a great weekend and it was also tiring. Every trip that involves lots of time with lots of people teaches me something about myself or reminds me of the products of previous Aha moments from previous trips. One reoccurring lesson is how important grounding, connecting with myself, my body, my breath, drinking water, touching the earth, how essential these things are for my balance. I am beginning to believe the quote "Drinking alcohol (I would add "and staying up late" and/or "drinking more than 2 drinks" and/or "going to an event where the music will be obscenely loud and not live (club scenario)) is stealing joy from tomorrow." more and more. I am able to be pretty moderate, however, anything in combination with staying up much past 12:30 wrecks me and it takes me a significant amount of time to feel in balance again. There are moments when making a forever-type memory makes it worth the long recuperation time. I am finding, however, that I need to pay closer attention to what my body is asking for, rather than assuming that indulging is the way to make the best memories. Often, my favorite memories are made when I feel rested, alert, aware, and present.
I am seeking balance to feel more of that.
I am seeking balance to feel more of that.
Comments
Post a Comment