Not right now.
So why then do is my face tight with stress? Why then do I have a tension headache?
Why then do I feel nearly cautious with anxiety?
Time is arbitrary, invented, master of us all.
We NEED to get these things done by THIS TIME!
Or else what? Most of it has so little to do with actual survival.
Almost none of it has irreversible consequences.
We've bought into the framework that teaches our bodies to respond to deadlines the same way that they would to a child being lost, our partner being in physical danger, hearing a friend urgently call for help. Our bodies don't know the difference.
In the pit of the imaginary, work-related despair, I remember a friend's words "when shit seems like it just can't get worse, I'm on a construction site and it's rainy, it's freezing, it's windy I just say to myself and anyone around "This is perfect. It can't get better than this!"
I try it out and say to myself "This is perfect. It can't get better than this."
My sinuses relax. The tension begins a slow melt.
I'm reminded that the Here and Now is where the magic is and the deadlines are not tangible flesh and blood things. Let's learn to tell the difference because stress and anxiety are fuels far too important and powerful to waste on the non-essential.
Comments
Post a Comment