You are a part of Me
"You are a part of me I do not yet know."
- Valarie Kaur
- Valarie Kaur
How do I practice embodying this belief
with those I love?
with those I do note love?
with those I see in therapy?
with my partner?
with all of Creation?
What a beautiful way to be.
To practice this belief is to take ownership of my reactions, to deconstruct the con of us vs. them, and to recognize oneself as a both powerful, having agency within the family of all things, and also, merely a wave in the infinite ocean.
I think I will start by practicing this in two ways: by pouring non-judgemental awareness and love into the parts of myself that I have yet to reconcile with, to accept, to love. And to begin to practice thinking of every one (and eventually every thing) as "sister" "brother" "cousin" "mother" "father", and watch how that shifts the way I move about the world.
How about you?
Comments
Post a Comment